On Jun 22, 9:35 pm, flex <frostyn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> These is another question, i have many defines which will apply an
> application to sepcified path, called as:
>
> application::add { "app1": path => "/var/app1" }
>
> by this i can apply app1 and app2 in node1, app3 and app4 in node2, etc.
>
> now, how do i switch this to a class? Need i create a seperate class for all
> the apps although the only difference is the path?

I recommend that you package your applications for your nodes' native
packaging system (RPM, apt, etc.), and use Package resources to manage
them.  Creating a local repository for your packages helps make this
approach very smooth.  You still need to put the Package resources
into one or more classes, but you don't need to worry about specifying
a path for each one.

Although creating packages may seem intimidating if you haven't done
it before, it's really not that hard, and you get management benefits
that extend well beyond Puppet.

John