Another mechanism. You can use mcollective and this resource to
trigger mco calls inside puppet:

https://github.com/ripienaar/puppet-mcollective

The resource acts like an exec ... and can be refreshed and notified.
For example:

file {"/tmp/foo1":
#  content => "foo",
  content => inline_template("<%= Time.now %>"),
  notify => Mcollective["test1"],
}
mcollective {"test1":
  agent => "service",
  action => "restart",
  arguments => {
    "service" => "rsyslog",
  },
  identity_filter => ["puppet1"],
  disctimeout => 3,
  timeout => 10,
  refreshonly => true,
}

Just make an mcollective plugin for adding new clients on your master
and trigger it this way.

ken.