Given root can override the DACL, in the absence of SELinux, both
commands could be run as root, no?

Anyway, I am happy to assume that there is some part of the cleanup
process that requires running as the unprivileged user, and which is
not about DACL overrides or whatever; filing a new feature request
would be the next logic step here, so that we capture your needs.

Until then, you are kind of stuck with something like using 'su' to
change UID in one of the commands.

Daniel