On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:08, Jennings, Jared L CTR USAF AFMC 46
SK/CCI <jared.jennings....@eglin.af.mil> wrote:
> Pittman:
>> Hey, thanks for filing away that request.  We had previous folks
>> asking for similar things, but no one indicated that FIPS compliant
>> OpenSSL would absolutely refuse to work with MD5, full stop.
>> Am I right in imagining, given your title, that FIPS mode is an
>> absolute requirement for y'all to use Puppet on your systems?
>
> I believe I understand your question when I say: yes, we have to use FIPS
> mode on our systems; if Puppet does not work under FIPS mode, we can't use
> Puppet.

Maybe I could have asked more clearly.  I wanted to make sure I had
supporting data when it came to convincing my boss that we should be
putting engineering time into fixing this now, because it matters for
a lot more than just theoretical technical reasons. ;)

Thank you so much for sending those references.  They make it much
easier to make my case.

Daniel
--
⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com