I have recently started moving the config of our puppet hosts out of the
nodes files and into an ENC so they can be managed through a web UI by
someone with less technical experience without the fear of a typo causing a
failure of all catalogs to compile.  As a result, I have been looking at
which modules need to be rewritten to support this.  The problem I have run
into is, how do you do something such as add multiple virtual hosts using
the YAML output of an ENC?

I currently have something like:

node 'web01.company.com' {
  apache::virtualhost { 'site1': location => '/hosted/site1', url => '
http://site1.com' }
  apache::virtualhost { 'site2': location => '/hosted/site2', url => '
http://site2.com' }
}

This uses 'define apache::virtualhost' in order to create multiple sites,
works fine.  The YAML from an ENC (referencing
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/external_nodes.html) doesn't look to
support this kind of definition so I need to find an alternative.  My next
thought was that I can pass parameters to a parameterized class.  No love
there as you can't instantiate a class multiple times with different
parameters.  How are others solving this issue?

Thanks,
jl