On 13 July 2011 13:49, Nathan <qwerty....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have just installed puppet dashboard from git.
>
> everything seems to load ok except it seems as though background tasks
> are not being run.
>
> You have to start them up yourself. An init script is a good idea to ensure
they get started at boot time

> According to the code README:
>
> running: # env CPUS=4 RAILS_ENV=production /.../script/delayed_job -p
> dashboard -n $CPUS -m start
>

> will start the worker.
>
> You need to take that example with a grain of salt and do what works for
you. For me, on Solaris that invocation silently quit. Maybe it was the
"env". This worked for me:

% RAILS_ENV=production ./script/delayed_job -p dashboard -n 2 -m start

however it seems as though it is not running (or if it is how can I check?)

> "ps" :-)

 % ps -ef|grep delayed_job
  puppet  7984     1   0   Jul 03 ?           0:11 ruby ./script/delayed_job
-p dashboard -n 2 -m start
  puppet  7980     1   0   Jul 03 ?         745:31 ruby ./script/delayed_job
-p dashboard -n 2 -m start
  puppet  7979     1   0   Jul 03 ?           0:12 ruby ./script/delayed_job
-p dashboard -n 2 -m start
  puppet  7988     1   0   Jul 03 ?         748:59 ruby ./script/delayed_job
-p dashboard -n 2 -m start

John