Anyone using this? I'm trying to setup a separate inventory server for
multiple puppet masters to report back. For testing purposes I have in
my auth.conf:

path /facts
auth any
method find, search
allow *

Then on the "slave" puppet masters I have in the puppet.conf [master] section:

facts_terminus = rest
inventory_server = SERVER.DOMAIN.BLAH
inventory_port = 8140

Then when I run I puppet agent --test, I simply get the following:

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on
SERVER: certificate verify failed

Throwing the puppet master into debug mode and I see the exact same
error w/o anything else. I can't seem to find any documentation on
this sans the standard:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/inventory_service.html

I saw a previous mention about a possible bug on the mailing list here:

http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users/browse_thread/thread/682402305dc01ea9

But never saw anything else .. :-( Does the "master fact" server need
to be a certificate authority as well?

--
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off
the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the