You never heard of nmap, eh? If you want to start talking about security and
auditing, that's a whole other can of worms.

It's a bad idea to assume that Defined State and Actual State will match.

Anyway, I think you're forgetting that node state in Puppet is explicit by
nature. What you're asking for defies this.

If your node changes roles, reinstall the OS.