> - What packages?
> This might become a nightmare... there are different packages repositories,
> blastwave, openCSW, Sunfreeware... , to make modules that manage the same
> software from different sources might be a troublesome and I would like to
> stick to one. Does this makes sense? What's the most used / updated /large
> package repository out there? Do you use any of these on production
> environments?

opencsw is the best and Puppet supports it with a native provider.
Trying to use pkgutil would be tricky as there is no native provider
AFAIK. I know someone out there posted something to the list at some
point but that's another story.

> - What package manager?
> Can I assume that (almost) everybody uses (in 2011) pkgutil to install
> software on Solaris? If not, what are the alternatives?

Again, puppet already provides a blastwave provider that works
perfectly with opencsw

> - Existing modules for Solaris?
> Has anyone published Puppet modules for Solaris? Can you link them here, for
> reference and inspiration...

There really aren't too many things one needs to be concerned about
when adding "solaris" support to a module. The only things that stand
out are file paths and little quirks like needing to unlock a user's
account after creation using passwd -N. Of course, service resources
may want to use the manifest attribute if SMF is to be exploited.
Other than that, a service is a service, a user is a user, etc, etc...

Best,
Adam