On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:19 PM, Scott Smith <sc...@ohlol.net> wrote:
> Mcollective uses a message queue. If the host isn't online, it just won't
> show up. If your laptop is turned off, it wouldn't be reporting either way.

Right, but I'm wondering if I need something that's a little more
consistent because of the transitive nature of laptops/desktops. With
facter I get information when the laptop connects again, as soon as it
dumps it's facts during a run and I can see what workstations in my
report haven't reported and subsequently what information is current
or not.

I'll look into the message queue. I guess a big question now is: Does
anyone know offhand if the message queue timeouts can be configured
for mcollective? My initial searches don't reveal much.