* Lars Kellogg-Stedman [2011-07-29]:
> I am trying to place some sanity checks (currently as git pre-commit
> hooks) in our configuration repository to avoid committing invalid
> Puppet configurations.

This is exactly the use case for cucumber-puppet. It compiles your
catalog, catching any syntax errors in your manifest and by default
ships with a step to verify requirements resolution. This should already
be of help, but you can test whatever you want in your cucumber
scenarios. Cucumber-puppet needs a node's yaml file, to verify its
catalog or can operate on single classes individually. More information
can be found here:

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/cucumber-puppet/wiki

cheers,

Nikolay

--
"It's all part of my Can't-Do approach to life." Wally