Hi there. Can somebody help me diagnose an error?

On the Puppet Master node, we've started the Puppet Master with:

ubuntu@domU-12-31-39-09-x-x:~$ sudo puppet master

Then from a node where we want to apply updates, I ran:

ubuntu@ip-10-72-x-x:~$ sudo puppet agent --server domU-12-31-39-x-x-
x.compute-1.internal --waitforcert 60 --test
info: Creating a new SSL key for ip-10-72-x-x.ec2.internal
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
info: Creating a new SSL certificate request for ip-10-72-x-
x.ec2.internal
info: Certificate Request fingerprint (md5):
68:E4:58:EB:B9:57:15:E5:00:8B:5E:25:39:FC:80:6D
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
notice: Did not receive certificate
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
info: Caching certificate for ip-10-72-x-x.ec2.internal
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/dot/dot.rb:28: warning: already initialized
constant NODE_OPTS
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/dot/dot.rb:46: warning: already initialized
constant EDGE_OPTS
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/dot/dot.rb:76: warning: already initialized
constant GRAPH_OPTS
puppet: invalid option: --server
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: hostname was not
match with the server certificate
warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

Why are we getting the "invalid option: --server" error. Is my syntax
wrong? Also, note that on the Puppet Master, I had to run this command
to get it to sign the certificate:
 sudo puppet cert --sign `sudo puppet cert --list`

Any thoughts?