To get the version you'll likely have to use facts, but once you have
the facts you can use something like the following...

        file {
                "/etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac":
                        source  => $operatingsystemrelease ? {
"puppet:///modules/kerberize/system-auth-ac",
"puppet:///modules/kerberize/system-auth-ac.centos6",
                                                },

That example points to a different configuration file based on the OS
release number (this example is for CentOS).  So the first condition
is true if 5.x and the second for anything 6.0 and so on.  Should be
similar once you have your custom fact made.

- Trey