On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 13:55, treydock <treyd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a puppet module to manage Network UPS Tools, but am having
> trouble getting Puppet to be able to start the "ups" service without
> error.  What's strange is the service starts just fine, but Puppet
> returns an error.

> I do not know if this is the fault of a bad return code in the init
> script...here's the init script used...

It smells like one, but I can't see it obviously from that script.
Can you try stopping NUT, then running the service command puppet
does, and checking what 'echo $?' is?

If that isn't 0, your init script isn't returning correctly.

Daniel
--
⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com
♲ Made with 100 percent post-consumer electrons