IIRC you're doing this the hard way.  The easy way:
1) Create a module:
mkdir -p /etc/puppet/modules/facts

2) Create the pluginsync directories in your module
mkdir -p /etc/puppet/modules/facts/lib/facter

3) Put custom facts in the directory you just made

4) Enable pluginsync on master & clients

That should be it, unless I've forgotten something (which would never happen
of course)  ;)

# ls /etc/puppet/modules/facts/