On 8/18/2011 12:08 PM, Gary Larizza wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Darren Chamberlain <dar...@boston.com> wrote:
> $operatingsystem is a facter variable, of course.  How are these
> supposed to be referenced?

They're referenced like this:  $::operatingsystem

This works, thanks.

While I haven't tested using facts in templates yet, http://blog.penumbra.be/2011/08/dynamic-lookup-is-deprecated-when-using-facts-in-templates/ implies that I'm going to have the same problem there, as well. Tom's solution is really unwieldy, though, and having to create local variables for every fact in every class that calls a template is going to lead to a lot of problems.

--
Darren Chamberlain <dar...@boston.com>