Hmmm.  I upgraded, but when running a test I get:

/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- puppet/rails/resources
(MissingSourceFile)

# puppet help hostname
err: no such file to load -- puppet/rails/resources

There are:

/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/puppet/parser/resource
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/puppet/parser/resource.rb

but no resources.  I'm think I'm up to date with ruby:
 ruby -v

Is there an updated puppet gem that I am missing?

Thanks again.