On 08/30/2011 04:15 PM, M C wrote:
Hi,

is it possible to push a file (with "source" or "content") and then add
lines without having Puppet to regenerate it every time it runs?
And, how can I add, remove or alter text lines without keeping old
contents? Note: i want resources to be executed only if something
actually changes.

Please help, thanks.

Hello,

I'm not entirely sure if I understand your use-case properly; however, for all instances of text-file manipulation, I have found the "concat" module to be _extremely_ useful.

https://github.com/ripienaar/puppet-concat

--
Daniel Maher
« makin' plans now to live on Mars 'cuz I got Earth on lock. »