On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM, genkuro <genk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm guessing the 0.2.5 -> 2.x migration must be common.  Can I expect
> this to be a slam dunk?

We recently did a large (100 nodes) migration from 0.25 to 2.6.  The
biggest issue was ensuring all our modules worked without any
unexpected changes.  Standard testing will pick up anything like this
and we only had a couple of very minor issues.

A good tip if you plan to 'upgrade puppet with puppet' like we did on
a debian platform remember to set 'hasrestart => true' on your puppet
service 'init' provider.  40 nodes had updated themselves before we
realised puppet didn't know how to start itself back up, without that
switch, after being upgraded.  This may apply to other platforms so
test for it.

Regards,

Edward