Thanks for the explanation. It turns out that I already use my stuff
the very same way, only without understanding the significance.

Two related question though:
  a. Does order matter? Like:

          file{"/foo/bar": content => "hello world"}
          file{"/foo": ensure => directory}

  b. Can it be uses the same way across the modules? Like, specifying
"file{"/foo": ensure => directory}" in module-A and "file{"/foo/bar":
content => "hello world"}" in module-B?

Thanks again, in advance. cheers!!