I'm attempting to move from a working puppetmaster setup to
Apache/Passenger.  I'm following the instructions in the Pro Puppet
book.  I'm using the epel repo and running puppet 2.6.6.  Passenger
version 3.0.9 from the stealthymonkeys repo.  Running "puppetd -t -d"
doesn't seem to tell me anything significant.  There's no complaining
about SSL issues.

My nodes can't find the catalog, based on the error message "puppetd
-t" spits out:

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server:
Puppet::Resource::Catalog does not respond to from_s; can not intern
instances from text/plain
warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

I've googled the error and haven't found anything that helps so far.
The catalog is currently in /etc/puppet/modules/. I really don't know
anything about Passenger.  I fail to see in the apache/passenger
configuration how the puppetmaster is called when a client connects to
port 8140.  I see that apache is handling the SSL stuff but how does
the puppetmaster fit into this?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,

--