On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Jon Forrest <nob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/15/2011 7:08 AM, Matthew Hand wrote:
>
>> Are you guys doing anything to protect our email addresses? Ever since I
>> made my first post on here, I have been getting some VERY malicious
>> stuff coming to my account?
>>

> If you get malicious email as a result of posting to any email list
> then I suggest you improve your junk email filter. I believe it's
> not the job of the list maintainer to "protect" email addresses
> unless the maintainer claims up from that postings will be
> anonymous.

There's a reasonable expectation that the list mods aren't dumping the
subscriber addresses and selling them off to spammers.

We're not doing that. :)

Seriously, it is Google Groups, so you get the protection it offers,
requiring logins and CAPTCHA to view full email addresses on the web
archives, etc etc, but it's difficult to stop people subscribing to lists
and collecting addresses that way.

--
Nigel Kersten
Product Manager, Puppet Labs