I have been trying to setup autoscaling with CloudPack and so far was
not that successfull.

The scenario is as follows:
in a 3 tier architecture when I see high utilization I fire a new
instance and configure it, but my configuration is not known
beforehead so I generate right I am firing instance. now I have two

1) enable autosigning on master, generate a GUID, add the node's
config with the GUID to site.pp, use CloudPack's "node install ...
--certname myGUID" to pass the generated name.
This one failed and we are discussing it in
http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-users/browse_thread/thread/2abb250f3b3bddad

2) disable autosigning, running CloudPack's "node install ..." without
passing certname, grabbing the certname generated by "install" and
sign it.
I was unable to do this because I guess agent tried to sign its
certificate and grab catalog too fast without retrying before GUID is
returned from "install" method  (see gems.erb line 41: puppet agent
--color=false --test | tee puppet_agent.log).
now lets assume I add "--waitforcert 20" to this line. then is the ssh
in "install" method (cloudpack.rb, 574)  going to come back and give
me the generated GUID or is it going to get stuck for ssh to return.
what if I do "puppet agent --color=false --waitforcert 20 --test | tee
puppet_agent.log &"? then probably "install" returns, and I have to
pull in master using "puppet cert --list" and sign it when ready.

3) change "init" method, in cloudpack.rb so it applies my
configuration before signing the certificate.
This doesnt seem right because I am cloudpack user not developer.

Please let me know if you have suggestions.
thank you