----- Original Message -----
> OK here is my output for the different commands with "puppet agent --
> test" running:
>
> # service pe-puppet-agent status
> * could not access PID file for agent
>
> # service --status-all | grep puppet
> [ - ] pe-puppet-agent
>
> # ps aux | grep puppet
> /opt/puppet/bin/ruby1.8 /usr/local/bin/puppet agent --test

> Now when i run "mco puppetd runonce -I <ServerName>" from the puppet
> master here is what i get when i run it again:
>
> # service pe-puppet-agent status
> * agent is running
>
> # service --status-all | grep puppet
> [ + ] pe-puppet-agent
>
> # ps aux | grep puppet
> /opt/puppet/bin/ruby1.8 /opt/puppet/sbin/puppetd --onetime --
> splaylimit 120 --splay

right, that's different my bad should have thought of that difference.

Indeed mine also does report the daemon as running in that case - not sure
what the best approach is, but the rc script should probably not be reporting
that as running, thats the only way you're going to be able to have both
ensure stopped and and a mcollective triggered run on the same machine