On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:55, Damien Bridges <damien3...@gmail.com> wrote:

G'day Damien.

> How do you configure puppet nodes on the puppet master to allow SUing
> to root?  I want to be able to ssh as a regular user then SU to root
> on client puppet servers.  How do you configure the puppetmaster for
> this?

I can't quite tell what you mean:

Do you mean, "how do I let regular users who ssh in to my systems su
to root", so that Joe can become root to manage the system?  (...and,
then, how do you get Puppet to configure that for you on those
machines.)

Alternately, are you asking about how to get Puppet to connect via ssh
and use su?

I assume the former, and the answer is distribution specific: you need
to tell us what OS you are using for us to be any help.

Daniel
--
⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com
♲ Made with 100 percent post-consumer electrons