On Sep 28, 2011, at 9:37 AM, Sans wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a module like this:
>
> class mom_priv_config{
>    file {
>        'config':
>        owner   => 'root', group   => 'root', mode    => '0644',
>        name    => '/var/torque/mom_priv/config',
>        content => template('w_nodes/mom_priv-config.tpl'),
>        #notify  => Service['pbs_mom']
>    }
> }
>
> which is working great by its own. But all I want is to carry on with
> this *ONLY IF* "/var/torque/mom_priv" directory exists on the client.
> If there is no such directory presents, just ignore. How can I do
> this? I looked in the net but nothing came out as a solution to me.
> Any one can help me with please? Cheers!!

I'd create a custom fact that checks for the existence of the mom_priv
directory -- something like this:

# mom_priv_test.rb
if FileTest.directory?("/var/torque/mom_priv")
    Facter.add("mom_priv_test") do
        setcode { true }
    end
end
#

Now you can use this fact to wrap your file resource in an if statement:

class mom_priv_config {
    if $mom_priv_test == 'true' {
        file { '/var/torque/mom_priv/config':
            ensure  => present,
            owner    => 'root',
            group    => 'root',
            mode    => '0644',
            content => template('w_nodes/mom_priv-config.tpl'),
            #notify  => Service['pbs_mom'],

Peter M. Bukowinski
Sr. Systems Engineer
Janelia Farm Research Campus, HHMI