Assuming cPanel's Perl isn't too "special" you might just grab the CentOS
SRPM, tweak the dependencies so it will install, give it a custom version
number and rebuild.  You would then use Yum's version pinning module to
block any patches for that specific package to avoid future issues.  I
totally understand the "just make it work" idea, but if you do that this
system will always be broken.  Eventually I find the broken ones come back
and bite me...