Hi,

I am currently testing my catalog, that runs fine with 2.6.3, with Puppet
2.7.4. Now I am running into a problem, and I wonder why this was 'fixed'
in Puppet the way it was.

Please consider http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/7888

In Puppet 2.7.4, there is code [1] that prevents ssh_authorized_key
resources to contain whitespace in their names. This is a problem, because
I actually have authorized keys with whitespaces in the comments, and
these have been added through Puppet without problems.

Now, I could just decide to change the name of the keys, but the real
problem is, that I cannot use Puppet 2.7.4 to /remove/ the old key names,
due to the 'fix' above. That is rather inconvenient.

Besides, is there any REAL reason why a key comment (and the resource name
with it) can't contain any whitespace? I know that one should be careful
how to specify the resource to prevent it being added repeatedly on every
catalog run, but apart from that? I have never had any problems with it.

If whitespace is permitted from OpenSSH's point of view, shouldn't Puppet
allow it too, and fix problems like this the right way? Or am I missing
something?

Best regards,
Martijn Grendelman

[1]