Hi,

I'm attempting to distribute a known host ssh key (for github) to an
Ubuntu 10.04 host. Puppet is distributing the key into /etc/ssh/
ssh_known_hosts as:

github.com ssh-rsa [really long ssh-rsa key]

However, Ubuntu seems to expect the key in this format:

|1|[really long ssh-rsa key]

(note all the keys in my known_hosts and ssh_known_hosts not managed
by puppet are prepended with '|1|' on my Ubuntu boxes).

Am i missing something here? Or does Ubuntu just handle these files
differently and I have to come up with a workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Evan Stachowiak