hi!
I've seen it reported that there is no official doc for parsedfile; does
anyone know if this is still true?

I'm trying to make a new type and getting stuck on how parsedfile works . .
.  Any help would be appreciated:

regarding the "Puppet::Type.type(:newType).provide" line:
1. What does the ":parsed" label do?  Are there other options?
2. Are there other types of ":filetypes" besides ":flat"?  Does labeling as
:flat have any affect on the parsing?

regarding "record_line":
1. can the "name" parameter be anything?  is ":parsed" anything special?  Is
the name used for anything?
2. what exactly do the parenthetic groupings do, e.g. /^\s+(.*)=(.*):$/   ?
3.  Is there a relationship between the parenthetic groupings and the
":fields" label?
4. what is the relationship between :fields in provider, "newparams" in type
& fields in manifest/init.pp?
  4a. Why do i get the following error when I don't have stuff_1 as
":optional": Could not evaluate: Field 'stuff_1' is required
5. What does :post_parse do?
6 What does :pre_gen do?
7 Are there any other "mystery" parameter?

Thanks soooooooo much!!
Guy