> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Aaron Grewell <aaron.grew...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > If tomcat::enable is in a separate file you'll want to 'include' it in
> > tomcat::server to ensure it's in scope.

On Oct 21, 3:50 pm, Douglas Garstang <doug.garst...@gmail.com>
replied:
> Isn't the net result of including something the same as it's really
> there already? If so, the final result is the same... the service
> resource ends up in the tomcat::server class.... no?

The net result on the compiled catalog is the same, if the catalog
compiles successfully, but the effect on the compilation process is
not necessarily the same.  I think it is an evaluation order issue.
The bottom line is that you should ensure that every resource your
manifests refer to is in scope (which probably means "already
defined") at the point of reference, and one way to ensure a resource
is in scope is to 'include' or 'require' the class containing it.

John