Some progress...

On Oct 31, 1:07 pm, Robert Atkins <snikta.tre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've installed puppet, rubygems, puppet-module and the puppetlabs-java
> module on my OpenSUSE 11.4 system. When I do:
>
> puppet apply java/manifests/init.pp
>
> ... nothing happens. I was expecting output telling me my system is

I've now realised I can't use the class directly, but have to
"include" it from my own manifest file. This I've done; I've now
gotten as far as receiving the expected error message, modifying the
java module to include OpenSuSE as an RPM-style system, and getting
zypper complain "No provider of 'jdk' found".

I had to manually move the java and stdlib classes into /usr/share/
puppet/modules though. Shouldn't puppet-module put them there
automatically?

Cheers, Robert.