Update: It was indeed a permissions issue with regard to the external node
classifier. I simply moved the puppet-dashboard directory out of /root and
put it in /opt and everything works fine now. The thing I can't figure out
is that it was working fine in the /root dir until I installed and
configured Foreman, which I wanted to try alongside the puppetlabs
dashboard to compare them. I assumed they would not conflict with each
other.

Thank you both for your help :)