That fixed it.

Oh, I think I see what's going on:

When I run `puppet httpd.pp`, it runs `ps` and finds a process with `httpd`
in the name and so concludes the service is running. If I rename the script
to something else then Puppet no longer finds any process with 'httpd' in
its name.

Perhaps Puppet should have a check that prevents thinking it is the
satisfying service?

Thanks,
Matt