Hi,

Sounds like caching - or DNS pointing to old ldap server... or something like
that.

What's your setup like? You running puppet through a frontend or using the
webrick server? What version of puppet? Doing ldapsearch on the master return
the right results?

I would stop ever related service, start with making sure ldap is right and
then move on from there with running puppet via puppetmasterd binary.

Sorry cant be of much other than that.

Den