Just an idea: Seems, Puppet is using the URL http://localhost/reports/upload
though you have specified 'reporturl = http://localhost:3000/reports/upload'.
Is it possible that there is some command line argument overriding your
puppet.conf?

However I don't use the 'reporturl' argument at all. This is my configuration:

41 [master]
 42     user = puppet
 43     group = puppet
 44     reports = puppet_dashboard
 45     storeconfigs = true
 46     dbadapter = mysql
 47     dbuser = puppet
 48     dbpassword = xxx
 49     dbserver = localhost
 50     dbsocket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
 51
 52 [agent]
 53     server = my.derver.net
 54     environment=loc_b_build