On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Arnau Bria <arnaub...@pic.es> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after moving to parametrized classes, I've started to declare them
> instead of including.
>
> Now, I'm trying to understand the differences (internal) between
> declare and include, and, reading
> http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/parameterized_classes.html again, I
> found some sentence which confuses me:
>
> "Since include wasn’t designed for use with parameterized classes"
>
> I know you can't include a resource, so a class eith parameters must be
>  declared. But, If I don't use params, I can include the class...
>
> so, what are the big differnces between declare and include?

You can use include function if:
class is not parameterized.
class is parameterized, but provide default values: (i.e. class sample
($param = 'val1') {...})
class is already declared (you can include class multiple times
throughout your manifests).

include does not support:
stages
relationship (require function provides include+require.)

class declaration supports:
classes that are both parametrized and non-parametrized.
stages
relationship

class declaration does not support:
redeclaration of classes