Thank a lot Ken... Just to be sure and clear, the "lockout" problem is
not about locking puppet agent itself out, that is :

- All the rules, part of the catalogue, are retrieved from the puppet
master in one go, then applied one after another, in unpredictable
order, but there is no chance of firewall rules changing in the middle
of agent-master transaction, right?

I did see a problem where puppet agent fails to send its report back,
after a wrong iptables config was applied, but that is not the same
thing.

I do not like/feel the solution to the feared problem... so I just
wanna understand and live with it.

Thanks a lot,
Mohamed.