I am currently troubleshooting an issue where i cannot get a variable
that i am setting in templates.pp in a node definition, then
inheriting that def in to a specific node in the nodes.pp and calling
the variable as part of a source path in the init.pp for a
module...the varibale is not expanding and i am left with a blank spot
in the path.  I am sure tha ti am doing something stupid that i am not
seeing but i ...can't see where...  i am running puppet 2.6.9 with
passenger on Centos 5  below are the sections of the various pp files,
any thoughts appreciated:

templates.pp

node newsandbox inherits qaenv {

  $environment="sandbox"
  puppet::client_environment { "sandbox":
    puppet_env => "sandbox",
  }

  #These started out not commented out but i commented them and tried
putting them in the nodes.pp
  #$verEnvironment = "3.3"
  #$verServices = '3.2'
  #$verScripts = '3.3'
  #$verTcconfig = "3.3"

  $mbtradingConn = "false"
  $mbtradingPriceConn = "false"
  $mbtradingHost = ""
  $mbtradingPort = ""
  $mbtradingSSL = ""
  $mbtradingUser = ""
  $mbtradingPass = ""
  $mbtradingAcct = ""
  $mbtradingPriceLocator = "mbTradingUrlBasedQuoteApiLocator"
  $mbtradingPriceUser = ""
  $mbtradingPricePass = ""

nodes.pp
node 's1-sandbox.qa.currensee.com' inherits newsandbox {
    #this client_id worksbut not the ones below that i commented out
in the templates.pp
  $ls_client_id="123456789"
  $verEnvironment='3.3'
  $verServices='3.2'
  $verScripts='3.3'
  $verTcconfig='3.3'

  #include newcurrensee::tc
  include newcurrensee::lightstreamer
  include newcurrensee::httpbind
  include dellomsa::client
  include newcurrensee::solr
  include newcurrensee::mt4
  include newcurrensee::forexpert

  newcurrensee  (init.pp)

    file { "/home/currensee/check-all.sh":
    mode   => 644,
    owner  => currensee,
    group  => currensee,
    replace => true,
    source  => "puppet:///newcurrensee/$verScripts/scripts/check-all.sh",
    require => User["currensee"],