Facter 1.6.4 is a maintenance release containing fixes, updates and
refactoring.  It resolves issues #10885, #11041, #10490, and #10444.  Full
release notes below.

Please note that #11041 changes the dependencies for building or
installing Facter on linux systems.
Without dmidecode, certain facts could contain less than truthful values.

This release is available for download at:
 http://puppetlabs.com/downloads/facter/facter-1.6.4.tar.gz

See the Verifying Puppet Download section at:

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Downloading_Puppet#Verifying+Puppet+Downloads

Please report feedback via the Puppet Labs Redmine site, using an
affected version of 1.6.4:
 http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/facter/

Full Release Notes at: https://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/facter/wiki/Wiki

# Facter 1.6.4 Release Notes
===

Fix #11041 Add dmidecode as a requirement for rpm

   We were implicitly relying on dmidecode to determine certain facts
   without being certain that it was installed.  This change to the rpm
   spec file will ensure we have dmidecode pulled in by rpm/yum as a
   dependency and thus causing the correct functionality on facter.

   Note this change only impacts EL based systems.  The debian packaging is
   handled in another repository.

Fix #10885 Malformed facter.bat when ruby dir contains backreferences

   Previously, we were substituting occurrences of <ruby> and <command>
   in the Windows batch wrapper scripts with the corresponding
   paths. However,the gsub replacement string was not escaped, so if a
   path contained something that looked like a backreference,
   e.g. C:\ruby\187, the gsub would try to replace the backreference with
   the corresponding capture group. Since there aren't any capture
   groups, the backreference was stripped from resulting facter.bat,
   resulting in an invalid path, C:\ruby87\bin\facter.

   This commit eliminates the need for gsub, since paths can contain
   other characters that have special meaning in a regexp, e.g. '.'.

   It also writes the bat file in 'text' mode so that the resulting file
   has '\r\n' line endings.

Fix #10490 Handle case where no macaddress can be found
Feature #10444 Add identification of system boards to Facter