Hi there,

I've recently tried 2.7.1 puppet master and agent and i've noticed
that it spends a lot of time(like 2-4 minutes in a 9 file catalog) in
the 'Executing /etc/puppet/etc-commit-pre'. I tried to comment all
lines withing that script and it keep showing this message.

Also I tried with these configurations, obtaining these results:

Agent-----------Master-----------------Result

2.6.4--------------2.6.4------------------Fast
2.6.4--------------2.6.6------------------Fast
2.6.6--------------2.6.6------------------Fast
2.6.4--------------2.7.1------------------Fast
2.6.6--------------2.7.1------------------Fast

All the tests are proved in Ubuntu 11.10 under 1.8/1.9 ruby versions.
As you can see, I tested all posible versions and i've read tons of
documentation before opening this topic. There is no chance to put a
2.7-prior version of the master in the Ubuntu 11.10, so I cannot avoid
this undocumented problem.

Any kind of clue is very welcome.

Thank you.