Hi Jo,

Thanks a lot for prompt reply. Exactly the problem is the kernel 2.6.18-274.12.1.el5. Very annoying.

best regards,

Pavel

On 01/02/2012 07:46 PM, Jo Rhett wrote:
Check your kernel and compare against this bug: https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/10418
*
*
It sounds to me like your puppet client is hung, which is why the kick isn't working. So the problem isn't the kick, it's the client state.