* Ola <anton.lothman at gmail.com> [2012/01/06 03:38]:
> I have created a simple snmp class (similar to this one)
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.puppet.user/21966
> What i want now is to customize it so i can have different
> snmpd.conf files for different servers. Is it correct that i
> should create something like class ntp::params end there declare
> the different scenarios? Also i declare something like $placement
> or something like that that differents the server?

We do something like this:

  file {
    "/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf":
      source  => [
        "puppet:///modules/snmp/$::fqdn",
        "puppet:///modules/snmp/$::hostname",
        "puppet:///modules/snmp/$::environment",
        "puppet:///modules/snmp/default",
      ];
  }

This lets you override the default for specific hosts or
environments, but have a fallback.  Note that you can use any facts
in there, so stuff like $operatingsystem, $operatingsystemrelease,
and $kernel are available.

--
Darren Chamberlain <dar...@boston.com>