Hello,

I'm new to puppet, and am working through the Pro Puppet book
(Turnbull & McCune). After a bit of struggling, I managed to get
puppet + passenger + apache mostly working: a simple connect to the
server on https port 8140 gives "The environment must be purely
alphanumeric, not ''"

Here is what I have running:
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6
- httpd 2.2.15-15.el6
- puppet 2.7.9-1.el6
- puppet-server 2.7.9-1.el6
- mod_passenger 3.0.11-1.el6
- rubygem-rack 1.1.0-2.el6
- facter 1.6.4-1.el6

I'm sanitizing data here by using "puppet.example.com" as the server
name.

My /etc/puppet/puppet.conf has:
    [main]
    server = puppet.example.com

On the puppet server, I am trying to test by doing: puppet agent --
verbose --debug --test

I get the error message:

    err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on
SERVER: Permission denied - /var/lib/puppet/yaml/facts/
puppet.example.com.yaml
    warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
    err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

Permissions on /var/lib/puppet/yaml/facts:

    drwxr-x---. puppet puppet
unconfined_u:object_r:puppet_var_lib_t:s0 /var/lib/puppet/yaml/facts/

I manually created the .yaml file by doing: facter -y > ${factsdir}/$
(facter fqdn).yaml

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Cheers,
-- David Chin