But this is begging for trouble:

On 01/19/2012 09:22 PM, Ashley Penney wrote:
> An example:
>
>     if ! defined(Mysql_user ["${user}@${host}"]) {
>       mysql_user { "${user}@${host}":
>         password_hash => mysql_password($password),
>         require => File["/root/.my.cnf"],
>       }
>     }

If your master processes this before the *other* declaration of that
mysql_user{}, you're back to square one and get errors about multiple
resource declaration.

I can see only pain down this road.

Nick's example on the other hand is quite enticing, I think. We want to
keep that (and include it in some Best Practices ;-)