On 20/01/12 19:05, Ashley Penney wrote:
> While this isn't what you want to hear, exactly, there's a bootstrapping tool
> that
> works fantastic with Puppet at http://www.theforeman.org/ - it's probably why
> you don't see many cobbler modules.  People like me who used cobbler when
> starting out with Puppet migrated off to Foreman with time.

Yes - in fact, I looked at Foreman first.   The main reason I then looked at
Cobbler was that Foreman appeared to be very GUI/RDBMS oriented, and ideally I'm
looking for a way to keep everything in version control and generate our
deployment system via Puppet from there.

Can Foreman do that now?  If so, I may go back and look again later.

Thanks,