The way my environment setup is that we have puppet dashboard handles ALL node
registration as well as class assignment. We simply declare different groups,
assign them with classes, and assign nodes into those groups for different
roles.

So we have zero usage for another node resources and we would like to keep it
that way.

The pro puppet book example for utilizing the apache definition shows that you
simply call the definition in node.pp with proper parameters, and I want to do
something similar without calling it in a separate node.pp file.

In term of approach what I can think of right now is to create another class
(let's say apache-invoke), and I would have template parameters created via
puppet dashboard's parameter (on some nodes/groups),  and have this new class
call the apache definition. Then I can have whatever nodes I need to have
apache to be part of this new groups.

I'm not sure if there are another way that's better/proper. Please let me know,
thx.

--KL
proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.