----- R.I.Pienaar <r...@devco.net> wrote:
> [...]

The "enable=0" option is there, and works, but I am trying to deal with the
complete removal of the repo info.
I am tinkering with the Python-yum api and I have a script to list
packages/repos
#!/usr/bin/python -tt
# -tt => issue errors about inconsistent tab usage

import yum

my = yum.YumBase()

pkgs = my.rpmdb

i=0
for ipkg in sorted(pkgs):
    apkgs = my.pkgSack.searchPkgTuple(ipkg.pkgtup)
    if len(apkgs) >= 1:
        apkg = apkgs[0]
        print 'Repo: %s - Package: %s' % (apkg.repoid, ipkg)
    i += 1
print str(i) + " packages"

I just need to add some more code because this script would pass over an
"orphaned" package.

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in
the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)