On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM, the_fonz <tim_stockf...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to start using Puppet to manage an httpd.conf file across
> several webservers.

Others have already correctly steered you towards templates for this sort
of thing, but I have one aside...

> each httpd.conf
> file has multiple Virtual Host entries that are defined by the
> webservers IP. <VirtualHost 10.3.200.131:80> for example.

Just like to point out that, unless you have specific reason for binding
apache only to one interface, it's perfectly acceptable to throw wildcards
in to these declarations (ie. software virtual hosting versus hardware). It
has the added effect of simplifying configurations (though, as I hinted at
previously, there may be other security related implications or similar
that prevents you from doing this sort of thing).