Hi Felix, thanks for your response to my question. It's taken me a
while to get back to this issue but I finally figured it out tonight.
I had a old puppetd process running in the background (I'd since moved
to using cron to call puppet) that must have been holding open it's
old cert files, etc... After I killed the old puppetd process
everyting is working as it should. (i.e. no more errors and the
correct puppet process is still running as it should).

Thanks,

Romeo

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 07:55, Felix Frank
<felix.fr...@alumni.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> concerning your question why everything seems to work pretty well:
>
> On 01/27/2012 04:59 AM, Romeo Theriault wrote:
>> Jan 26 17:09:41 ppt01 puppet-agent[27357]: Using cached catalog
>
> Your agent is using a cached catalog.
>
> puppet agent --test should fail. Also, changing the manifest for this
> node should not have any effect until you resolve this problem.
>
> My guess is that the agent has an old master certificate stored or
> somesuch. For some reason it regards your current master cert as invalid.
>
> The simplest approach may be to scrutinize the local /var/lib/puppet/ssl
> for certificates that match your master's FQDN (perhaps "puppet"). If
> you find several, use "openssl x509" to find out how they differ.
>
> HTH,
> Felix

Romeo